Thursday, July 18, 2013

Why Am I Here and What Am I Doing Here!!??

I just realized that I have not explained why I am in Marquette and working at Northern Michigan University. So........here is why

It was because....

Well, this internship is part of my graduate program at SIT Graduate Institute. All students at SIT need to do at least 6 months internship at somewhere in the world. Only world, but I never heard that we cannot go to space for internship. So technically we could go anywhere in this universe.

A reason of living Marquette and working at NMU is because I knew someone at the office where I currently work, and I contacted him to see whether or not I can work as a graduate intern. He said okay.
After I researched for other potential internship site, I decided to come to Marquette and work with him.

My original plan for internship was going to somewhere in West coast. But that did not happen. I did not even think and want to go back to Japan for internship. After living in USA for 6 years, I feel comfortable living this country. It did take me a while to adjust to this society. But one key to adjust to new society is being open minded, and not to compare US culture with your home cultures. This is just different, and you need to appreciate such difference. Otherwise, you will have hard time to adjust to American culture.

What do I do here in Marquette and NMU?
I try to support you! Yes, you, international students. Hehe. Since I am an international student in USA, I know what many other international students go through at university, and I want to help other international students to adjust to new life and cultures in USA.
I am still learning and adjusting American cultures. It is never ending process. But at least I have some experience, so I want to share my thoughts, ideas, and experiences with other international students.

I know I don't put picture today. I don't have any new photo now, but I will take some new few days, so wait!

For current, incoming, or prospective international students at NMU, or even at other institutions who read this blog, please ask me any questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment