Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It is indeed a funky life in the U.S.

Yup as title says, I am indeed having a funky life in the U.S.

Before I came here, I knew dancehall reggae, and knew nothing about reggaeton and bachata.

Now? All I listen to are basically reggaeton and bachata.

Why? Well, I met a Hispanic girl, who loved these two kinds of music and dancing to them.

I needed to listen and learn how to dance.

I still love these kinds of music and dancing to them. You would think ways people dance to reggaeton and bachata are inappropriate.

But not necessary. That is how other perceive. Especially, bachata. It is so much fun. I really miss dancing bachata, and I do dance it at home sometimes.

Don't know bachata? You are missing such fun think in your life. Here is bachata!




Es muy facil y muy divertido. Me encanta bailar bachata. Bailo en mi casa hehe.

What else,

Oh,

I went to SIT because I wanted to support international college students for adjusting to American culture.

I wanted to advise them face to face.

But during my internship at Northern Michigan University, I actually realized that I love coordinating events and programs. With IE degree, yes I can still do these things. Oh, I don't want to use "could have" "should have"

Anyways,

It is fun to design events and programs.

I was not like this before though. I was not outgoing. But to coordinate events and program, you have got to be outgoing and easy-going. And that is me now.

BUT!!

Now I found another career interest.

Personal Trainer.

Yeah. I have been working out for 3 or 4 years. Originally, it was to lose weight. Before I came here, I weighted around 170 lb. After 2 years in the U.S., I gained 15 - 20 lb.

I was fat. I mean I really was fat. Ask me for my passport picture. You will see it.

Well, I started going to the gym.

I lost 35 lb. But not in healthy way. I just didn't eat. All I ate was bread, rice, egg, and fish. That's all.

I did not try to become vegetarian. But meat was expensive, so I didn't buy it.

I was skinny, I lifted weight, but didn't gain any muscle.

Now I weight 160 lb. Trying to get more muscle.

And in last 2 or 3 weeks, I have started being interested in personal trainer. I just love working out. I can spend 2 to 3 hours at the gym easily.

So, I thought like, "Well, how about I help others to lose and become healthy?"

The answer was to become a personal trainer.

But I still want to support international students and programing.

So in the future, I will work at university as full-time staff member, and work as a personal trainer fr part-time.

Yes, that sounds perfect.

Now I just need to find a job at university, save some money, and start studying for PT.

And convince my future employer to sponsor me for H1-B visa.

Or find an American wife.........................ha!

You would think that I am being serious until the end.

Na!

I am not :)

Well, I love this song. I performed bachata in front of a bunch of people with my ex. I miss it. And it says what I feel about her still. Yeah, that is just bad. But song is beautiful. By the way, it is darn so rare that I talk about my emotion :)


No comments:

Post a Comment